Who are we?
Our experts are all nationally and internationally recognised professionals working in British Sign Language with people who are audiologically and/or culturally deaf. They have shaped policy and practice nationally and across Europe, and continue to work in a variety of domains and geographical areas across the UK.
Get in touch
Every one of our experts can be contacted directly by clicking on their email address to open an email window.
QUALIFIED AND REGISTERED BRITISH SIGN LANGUAGE (BSL) INTERPRETER
QUALIFIED ASSESSOR AND TRAINER
Gloria is based in Bristol but will travel anywhere in the UK. She is a native/mother tongue BSL user and has been working since 1985 as a professional BSL interpreter with adults and children.
Her specialism as an Expert is in assessing the quality, accuracy and standard of BSL interpreted police interviews of deaf witnesses and/or defendants and providing a detailed analytic transcription and to advise on the quality and standards of BSL interpreters and their interpretations. She is also able to provide consultancy services to courts and counsel including advice on interpreting requirements, best practice and interpreting practice.
- NRCPD: 1001522 - Registered Qualified BSL/English Interpreter – Level 6
- ASLI: 0000051 (Fellow - Legal Specialism)
- UK Register of Expert Witnesses (Lapsed)
- National Occupational Standards: Level 6 BSL & Level 6 Interpreting
- Ministry of Justice Interpreter Assessor (Qualified C&G A1 Assessor)
- Legal Interpreting CPD Trainer
- Contributor to
The Advocates Gateway, Toolkit No 11
- Contributor to the professional association’s (ASLI) Legal Interpreting Guidelines
- Consultancy Services